Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Hairline Saga

"There's hair on my pillow, there's hair on my bed.
There's hair everywhere, except on my head!"

I am not a bald guy, and I shall remain so as long as there is a single strand of hair perched on top of my head. By God's grace, I still have enough hair to keep you counting for weeks. This however matters least to people who view the glass half empty. So I end up finding myself at the receiving end of many humor-starved people's comments.

The other day my sister, who stays with her husband in the US, met one of my ex-colleagues. He was glad when my sister told him that I was working in the same company that he worked for earlier. However, he did not seem to recognize me with my name alone, and for confirmation remarked - "OH! the guy who had less hair?". My sister called me up the same night and asked me to start applying Parachute Cocunut oil daily night.

On yet another occassion, I was enjoying snacks and drinks at a party hosted by my previous employer. Holding my glass of fruit juice, I joined a group of senior employees and received the most memorable well-come ever. The guy with the nastiest drink in his hand invited me to join the "bald-club", saying, "Piyush, once you join this club, you will have nothing to loose ever!!". The whole crowd burst into laughter and I attempted to hide my embarrassment by looking at the juice while sipping it. I could however, draw solace from the fact that the guy who commented was actually a full-blown case of perfect phalacrosis.

Another most unforgettable experiance was when one of my friends remarked "Why do you carry the comb now?".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home