Saturday, February 25, 2006

When would my would-de be mine?

I had written the following poem in Feb 2003, a few days before my 27th Birthday. I do not possess any writing skills really. These few lines are just a penned down version of the thoughts that occupied my mind at that time. There was certainly a deliberate attempt to choose words that rhyme and create a humorous tone, though.

------------------------------------------------------
It's been a long wait,
with each passing day, it's getting late.
In a couple of years time,
I would be twenty-nine,
When would my would-be be mine?

Slowly and steadily, the tummy is getting bloated,
And, quite a few well-wishers, have independently noted ..
The thinning hair-line,
And the scalp that's begining to shine,
When would my would-be be mine?

I said to myself, marriages after all, are not rare,
Then why on earth, despair?
And, just as I was begining to feel fine,
I realized that coming up shortly, is yet another lonely Valentine,
When would my would-be be mine.
------------------------------------------------------

My would-be is now mine, i.e., I got married and now going through the regular ordeals of my - "happy married-life".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home